A friendly competition for all members
It is predominately based on the 10 events of the Kent Grand Prix with local events added in and a marathon of your choice. The marathon must be an official measured event.
To compete in the club championship you must wear club colours when you run. If you run in any of the events listed for the championship that year you will automatically be counted and your points will be taken from the event results.
Up to 6 events will be counted. Your best 6 will score if you run more than 6. You will get 10 points for running in the event. The first 20 members of each sex to finish will score extra points with the first home scoring 20 points descending to the twentieth home scoring 1 point.
Men’s and ladies are scored separately. There will be awards for overall men’s and ladies and then age groups as follows. Men’s seniors, V40, V50 and V60. Ladies seniors, V35, V45, V55.
Awards will be presented at the annual club presentation night. All members are very welcome to participate no matter what your reason for running is or how competitive you are.
Guidance on the criteria for Club Championships
- TRAC membership must be renewed in the year of the race season. Points for races before the cut off for renewals will be deducted if the runner does not renew for the season.
- A TRAC official race vest/T shirt must be worn. This will enable us to race within the overall race (dispensation will be given if you’re running for a nominated charity)
- Minimum age is 17 before the date of the first race.
- We are all competing for the male/female overall and within our age categories. Seniors are under 40’s for men and under 35 for women. Veterans are known as MV40, MV50, MV60,V70 for men and FV35, FV45, FV55,VF65 for women. Individuals crossing an age threshold during the year will automatically enter the competition for their age on the date of the first race they run. Any competitor that becomes of age during the year and after the first race, who would rather enter the competition in a new category will only score in the races of their new category.
- Scores will be awarded as 10 points for running in the event. Then the first 20 members of each sex to finish will score extra points with the first home scoring 20 points descending to the twentieth home scoring 1 point. The best 6 scores from the nominated races below will be added in the overall male, Female and additional age categories. i.e. if you run a 7th race the lowest score will be deducted. Scores will be updated after each race.
Results So Far