A friendly competition for all members
It is predominately based on the 10 events of the Kent Grand Prix with local events added in and a marathon of your choice. The marathon must be an official measured event.
To compete in the club championship you must wear club colours when you run. If you run in any of the events listed for the championship that year you will automatically be counted and your points will be taken from the event results.
Results So Far
Up to 6 events will be counted. Your best 6 will score if you run more than 6. You will get 10 points for running in the event. The first 20 members of each sex to finish will score extra points with the first home scoring 20 points descending to the twentieth home scoring 1 point.
Men’s and ladies are scored separately. There will be awards for overall men’s and ladies and then age groups as follows. Men’s seniors, V40, V50 and V60. Ladies seniors, V35, V45, V55.
Awards will be presented at the annual club presentation night. All members are very welcome to participate no matter what your reason for running is or how competitive you are.
Guidance on the criteria for the 2020 Club Championships
- TRAC membership must be renewed in the year of the race season. Points for races before the cut off for renewals will be deducted if the runner does not renew for the season.
- A TRAC official race vest/T shirt must be worn. This will enable us to race within the overall race (dispensation will be given if you’re running for a nominated charity)
- Minimum age is 17 before the date of the first race.
- We are all competing for the male/female overall and within our age categories. Seniors are under 40’s for men and under 35 for women. Veterans are known as MV40, MV50, MV60,V70 for men and FV35, FV45, FV55,VF65 for women. Individuals crossing an age threshold during the year will automatically enter the competition for their age on the date of the first race they run. Any competitor that becomes of age during the year and after the first race, who would rather enter the competition in a new category will only score in the races of their new category.
- Scores will be awarded as 10 points for running in the event. Then the first 20 members of each sex to finish will score extra points with the first home scoring 20 points descending to the twentieth home scoring 1 point. The best 6 scores from the nominated races below will be added in the overall male, Female and additional age categories. i.e. if you run a 7th race the lowest score will be deducted. Scores will be updated after each race.
The 2020 Races
Seven of these are also used for the Kent grand prix and Kent Champs races. Results can be found here, where you can also compete with runners of other clubs and our overall team. Two Local races will replace grand prix events to ensure we can all enjoy running locally. One race has been nominated to avoid us racing on the same date as one of our own races. Our own marathon is part of the grand prix and has been removed to ensure the event is adequately marshalled, however it can be a submitted time.
Sunday 26th Jan – Canterbury 10 (Part of the 2020 Kent Grand prix)
Sunday 16th February – Tunbridge Wells Half Marathon (Part of the 2020 Kent Grand prix)
Sunday 8th March – Lydd 20 (nominated to replace the Dartford half in the grand prix that clashes with our 20mile race)
Friday 8th May- Ted Pepper 10k (Part of the 2020 Kent Grand prix)
Sunday 7th June – Coastbuster 10mile (nominated only as a local race)
Sunday 14th June – High Elms 10 (Part of the 2020 Kent Grand prix)
Sunday 12th or 19th TBC July- Sevenoaks 7 (Part of the 2020 Kent Grand prix)
Sunday 13th September – Wingham 10k (nominated only as a well-attended local race)
Monday 4th October- Sittingbourne 10m (Part of the 2020 Kent Grand prix)
Sunday 11th October – Tonbridge Half Marathon (Part of the 2020 Kent Grand prix)
Any Marathon time of your choice that is UKA/IAAF measured. Result to be submitted to your run captain before the 31st Dec.
I hope this allows us all to compete both within the club and in the Kent grand prix and keeps us to 10 events in 2020.
Christopher Brenchley men’s captain.