TRAC Pegwell Parkrun Takeover
Hi Traccies, this is your captain speaking.
Our friends at Pegwell Parkrun are looking for local running clubs to take over one of the events in September. I know we all often volunteer individually but this will allow us to give something back as a club and promote TRAC at its finest and maybe attract some of the local runners.
All the roles would be required, 15 in total at least and would be managed by our stalwart directors Adrian Smith or Jon Holl. I’m provisionally looking at 21st September. Below is an idea of some of the roles. Can I suggest we comment only on the main Facebook page if you’re interested in a role at this time for our RD to add to the roster or if you’re not on social media, contact either Adrian, Jon or myself? Alternatively go to the Pegwell volunteer roster page and add your name if your familiar with it.
- Equipment sorting. Setting up/tidying away.
- Communications person if not by RD.
- First timers briefing if not by RD.
- Photographer we might attract David!
- Marshal’s, X6 we could add more marshal’s as general cheerleaders.
- Timers. X2 One would need experience.
- Scanners of finish tokens and pre-sorting. X2 One scanner of experience.
- Writer of the overlooked barcodes.
- Pacers. This would be good to fill all the times 18,21,24,30 etc.
- Tail walker.
Thanks all in advance.
Chris Brenchley 😀