Thanet Roadrunners “takeover” of Pegwell Park Run – 23rd October
Hi Traccies, this is your captain speaking.
Our friends at Pegwell Parkrun are looking for local running clubs to take over one of the events in October. I know we all often volunteer individually but this will allow us to give something back as a club and promote TRAC at its finest and maybe attract some of the local runners. We have been given the 23rd October slot.
All the roles would be required, 16 in total at least and would be managed by our stalwart directors Adrian Smith or Jon Holl.
Below is an idea of some of the roles. Can I suggest we comment only on the main Facebook page if you’re interested in a role. I will then add you to the roster. Alternatively go to the Pegwell volunteer roster page and add your name if you’re familiar with it.
- Equipment sorting. Setting up/tidying away.
- Communications person if not by RD.
- First timers briefing if not by RD.
- Photographers we might attract David!
- Marshals, X6 we could add more marshals as general cheerleaders.
- Timers. X2 one would need experience of the new app.
- Finish tokens x2.
- Scanners of finish tokens and pre-sorting. X3 scanner some with experience using new app.
- Pacers. This would be good to fill all the times 18,21,24,30 (if allowed or encouraging runners).
- Tail walker.
More on the day runners and cheerleading spectators are welcome to ensure we promote our club. We will have our flags and gazebo for race and training information.
Thanks all in advance.